If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I am getting a buffering Box that won't go away

OrionsQwestOrionsQwest Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am getting a Buffering box when i start movies and it won't go away, I've used Plex on other Apps like movies/tv on xbox, but Plex app on xbox i am getting the buffering that won't go away, just started recently, any idea's

• Terry CinemasTerry Cinemas Posts: 925Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. I also notice you cannot change the selection. If I click from title to critic rating or release date. It will not change. It also has issues selecting all movies from the “discover hub”

Old username: CMTAHM

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones

• kcgoatboykcgoatboy Posts: 5Members ✭✭

This release of PLEX on the xbox is VERY buggy. Hit "A", go to the options, select video and choose convert to 1080P max. It will make the box go away. If you leave it on the default play original it keeps the box there or the box with the title of the file there. Some say if you turn off Direct Play and Direct Stream in the settings it fixes the issues with Plex on Xbox but that didn't work for me.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,636Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hi there. This is a known issue with the preview Spring Update console OS, and Microsoft are aware of the issue. Some users have posted that a temporary workaround is to switch to another app and return to the Plex for Xbox One app.

• kingshillbillykingshillbilly Posts: 21Members ✭✭

@Moussa the switch to the home screen and/or switch to another app no longer works as of today.

When returning to the Plex app, it just crashes now.

Plex is officially 100 percent NOT usable in any way shape or form on XB1

Can we PLEASE just get the old app back that worked for years without any problems?

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,636Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@kingshillbilly As a reminder, only users with the Spring Update OS update on the Insider program are affected. This is a platform bug and bugs are expected in early preview updates, especially alphas.

• poggystylepoggystyle Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Spring update is out for all xboxes and now they are all messed up. Fix your app!

• The Holy StigmaThe Holy Stigma Posts: 151Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@poggystyle spring update is not out for all users that update all users go was the previous update alpha rings gets this fixed for the sprig testers due to the spring update is still in testing and not out to the general public