Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox Notifications still popping over video!

morpheus2n2morpheus2n2 Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This was apparently fixed a couple of builds ago but I still get notification popups over playing video, all the settings are right but its still happening!

Best Answer

Answers

• shakowsshakows Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Already at least 5 threads open on this
    Work around from the other threads

Launch Plex
    Choose video to watch
    Start playing - you get the persistent buffering or title in the middle of the screen.
    Press the guide button and select home.
    Reopen plex.
    It should resume plex playing your video without the persistent buffering or title in the middle of the screen.
    Posted by Plugstar

The joys of being in the XB1 Preview Program, unenrolling and going back to GA fixes it as well

• morpheus2n2morpheus2n2 Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was not talking about this!!
    I clearly said Notification popups! as in the Xbox Notifications when friends sign in etc. I was not talking about the silly buffering box (not that mine ever says that its just the title of the video playing)

• shakowsshakows Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Oh Ok

Are you in the preview program?
    Have you tried the Do Not Disturb feature?

Yes, on my Xbox One X but my other Xbox that is NOT in the program also still gets the pop-ups.
    And I shouldn't need to as it was listed as a fix in v2.3.1. We are now on V3.4.1 and it's still happening.
    @Moussa Can you please confirm if this is fixed or just a bug with my downloads?!

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,634Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@morpheus2n2 As far as I know this was reported fixed by several other users in the version mentioned. Wonder if there's a system setting you've toggled that's related?

On the Xbox's Notifications don't show on other Video apps like Netflix or Prime Video only Plex lol