If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is there a fix for the Shaka3015 (media) and Shaka3016 error codes? Movies no longer play on my PC.

Bonofied SuiterBonofied Suiter Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Windows 8 movies start but glitch out and I get a shaka3016 error code.

• Bonofied SuiterBonofied Suiter Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Over the last few weeks movies no longer play on my PC. Everything seems to work fine on the Samsung TV. The video starts stutters a bit then stops with "An error occurred while trying to play "movie name"
    shaka3016 (Media)

I'm not finding any help in the troubleshooting area of Plex and also not finding any fixes on the discussion groups although I'm not the only user experiencing these problems.

Please help.

• gboutingboutin Posts: 17Members ✭✭

I just went through this problem and found that there are fixes in the works that solve my shaka error problems, in particular version 3.39.3 of the Plex Web App.

Read this thread for the full explanation by sa2000..

The interesting part is to run your player using the updated web version and see if that does fix your issues.

It's not available yet in a formal Media Server release, but it may get you going in the mean time.