If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I remove the annoying preview picture when casting

BodestoneBodestone Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When I cast plex from the web player and minimise the play bar there is annoying still photo of the episode (the same as in the episode list) displayed at the bottom left of the screen.
This blocks the bottom of the server content list and, more importantly the left of the play bar.

How do I get rid of this?

And yes. I am watching crud TV as background while I have a lot of work on.

• lzingalzinga Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would appreciate an answer to this. Currently there is times where I will start a movie or tv show on my computer than decide to go take a bath. During the bath I finished the movie but I come back to my computer (even days later) and it will show the progress of the movie still back where I originally stopped it on my computer before the bath.

It is quite annoying and wish there was a way to just disable it. There have been a few cases where things glitch between different devices causing things to show progress in different areas. Would really prefer I could just turn off (at least for movies and tv shows) the "current playing" bar as it seems to mess up a lot for me, or make it so they sync their stuff better.

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,121Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It should sync better. If you see situations where this doesn't happen, please can you give details of what you're flinging to? Obviously it should close when media has completed/closed elsewhere.

The image is the thumbnail for the media played. In this case it's rather dull since the episode doesn't have a specific poster. It shouldn't prevent you from accessing anything though. 'News' on your image is the last item.

• BodestoneBodestone Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK. How do I turn the thumbnail off. I don't need it as I can see what's going on on the screen of my telly.

It wasn't there last year.

The web interface looks great until it gains a bottom right, rectangular, carbuncle on play to remote.

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,121Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It's part of the miniplayer, and was made bigger so that if you wanted to watch content while browsing your library it was more visible. I'll chat with others to see if we could shrink it for when flinging/casting.