If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot find Chromecast Ultra / Nvidia Shield TVs on Plex Android app

brucestephensrxbrucestephensrx Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am unable to find my Chromecast Ultra or my Nividia Shield TVs on my Pixel 2 XL running the latest version of Android and Plex and my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. I am able to see my Sonos components, so I know that there is something going on. Other apps such as Sling TV are able to see the Chromecast as usual and stream. I am thinking that this is something with the most recent update to the Plex Android app. I have tried rolling back the app to v6.12 via Apkmirror, but this didn't help either. Any input is greatly appreciated.

• brucestephensrxbrucestephensrx Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nevermind, I went into the settings of the Chromecast Ultra and forgot the device and then set up as new and it showed up again.