Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles not being selected properly on Phone & Fire TV

greentrancergreentrancer Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited March 4 in Android (mobile)

I noticed a new bug that was not occurring a few weeks ago.

For most of my movies and TV shows, I have 2 English subtitles, one with HI and one without. The file names are:
MovieTitle.mkv
MovieTitle.en.srt
MovieTitle.eng.srt (for HI version)

Plex on my Android phone and Fire TV are showing both subtitles as English, but no matter which one I select, the '.en' one is being played. This is not happening on the Web Player, so I assume that it has something to do with the new Android player. Could you please look into this...

Answers

  • VuokkoVuokko Members, Plex Pass Posts: 7 Plex Pass

    @greentrancer as I replied in the other topic: I got it working on my setup again. I was using Optimized versions for some of my episodes and those all failed to show subtitles. Removing the optimized versions and letting Plex transcode when I'm playing the files fixed it for me.

  • greentrancergreentrancer Members Posts: 35 ✭✭

    @Vuokko said:
    @greentrancer as I replied in the other topic: I got it working on my setup again. I was using Optimized versions for some of my episodes and those all failed to show subtitles. Removing the optimized versions and letting Plex transcode when I'm playing the files fixed it for me.

    Thanks for the input, but that is not the case for me. I do not have any episode as 'optimised'. And Plex is not even transcoding on Fire TV, is uses 'direct play' / 'original quality' as the Fire box does the decoding.

Sign In or Register to comment.