If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Subtitles not being selected properly on Phone & Fire TV

greentrancergreentrancer Posts: 26Members ✭✭
edited March 4 in Android (mobile)

I noticed a new bug that was not occurring a few weeks ago.

For most of my movies and TV shows, I have 2 English subtitles, one with HI and one without. The file names are:
MovieTitle.eng.srt (for HI version)

Plex on my Android phone and Fire TV are showing both subtitles as English, but no matter which one I select, the '.en' one is being played. This is not happening on the Web Player, so I assume that it has something to do with the new Android player. Could you please look into this...

• VuokkoVuokko Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@greentrancer as I replied in the other topic: I got it working on my setup again. I was using Optimized versions for some of my episodes and those all failed to show subtitles. Removing the optimized versions and letting Plex transcode when I'm playing the files fixed it for me.