If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Does not play videos on PS4

luisormeno108@gmail.comluisormeno108@gmail.com Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a PS4 that when I want to watch my videos from my local server there is no problem, some days ago I started to migrate to a remote server my plex, which is operative and I can watch my videos from my smart tv, laptop but not from my PS4 , I get a message that "there was a problem playing this item" and the "video did not start in time" when I want to play a video. All my videos are in 720p H264 ACC 2.0, I have a bandwidth in my home of 50mb.

thanks for your help

• pullenjtpullenjt Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 4

This is the exact problem I ran into last night. The latest beta release and being on a remote network other then the network of your plex server it fails to play.

All the media meta data comes down just fine but streaming over the wire is a no go.

Easiest way to test this connect your PS4 to a phone hot spot and give it a go you will get the error. Move the PS4 back to the local network of the plex server and you will have no problems.

• luisormeno108@gmail.comluisormeno108@gmail.com Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thank you for the answer, but unfortunately my local plex server will be replaced by the remote, so I look for another solution