If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Buffering toast on Xbox won't disappear on the new Xbox Alpha build

idleslothidlesloth Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Every video I play has the buffering toast which stays on the screen. The work around is to go back to the dashboard and go back into Plex app then it disappears. It's a really annoying bug. I've only reported this on Xbox feedback as well.

• krong23krong23 Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same exact issue though sometimes I am not able to make it go away.

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,441Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I've reported this to the devs they are looking into it. I'm experiencing this as well.

One work around I've found is that if you start the video, then change to a different app and change back while the video is playing it will hide the overlay. Not optimal, but this is one of those fun things of using Alpha/Beta software.

• GAThrawnGAThrawn Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 5

If it helps I've also submitted a bug report on this through the Xbox One's "Report a problem" feature, which I assume should send some troubleshooting info to Microsoft and hopefully also to Plex.

Someone's also started a thread on the Xbox Preview forums to report this as well, here: PLEX OSD and Playback Issues (you may need to be signed in with an account that's in the Xbox Preview Program to see that post).

The switching app and back again workaround suggestion has helped me out, thanks.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,636Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hiya. As mentioned this is a known issue with the Spring Update preview OS. Microsoft are aware of the issue (which is affecting several other apps) and are working on a solution, so hold tight. There are a couple of workarounds mentioned here, including switching apps.

• mal68mal68 Posts: 126Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

These work arounds don't work anymore for me. Very frustrating