If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Bug report for new version of Plex for Samsung SmartTV

Kleznik2Kleznik2 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi folks.

First of all, Plex is my favorite way to watch videos. Thank you for the wonderful work.

I have a bug to report. For about the past week, Plex 2.009 on my Samsung UH50H6400 TV has become very difficult to use. 70% of the time within seconds of opening, the Tools menu (with options for Audio and Picture Settings) appears. When the Tools menu is closed with the "return" button, within a few seconds it appears again, and again, and again, and so on. Selecting audio or picture settings opens the appropriate panels, which when closed leads to the Tools menu appearing again. This happens in any menu level or while watching a video.

At first I thought that my remote control had a stuck button, but this problem does not appear in any other app other than Plex, and the remote that came with my TV does not have a Tools button (I include link to the remote below).

Hope that you have a suggestion or release a fix soon.

Thank you in advance for any help.

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 1,375Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

2.009 is actually a 3rd party developed app, i moved your discussion to the appropriate group.
    There is a member named Orca who does the development and is active on the forums.

I personally also use the 2.009 version myself and currently do not experience what you are reporting.
    I will test again on my systems and see if I can see this behavior.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,529Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Please try this first:

• Unplug the TV from the wallsocket and leave it without power for a few minutes, then try again.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation