If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot see files on network connected drive

akochhar20akochhar20 Posts: 2Members

Hi, i have the plex server running on Nvidia Shield with files located on a network attached drive. The setup was working fine but stopped working all of a sudden. I can no longer see or access content of the network drive from the plex app. The drive shows no folders when i try to add a folder to a plex playlist (like movies or tv shows). What could be the reason?

• akochhar20akochhar20 Posts: 2Members

Found a way to get around this. It seems to be an issue with Nvidia shield. I have to restart for this to work again. Not sure if its the media server app on shield or shield itself. For now this seems to be working

• raworahiraworahi Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is the Shield going into standby and powering off- I had the same issue with mine.

What you need to do is google how to get into developer mode (I can't remember exactly how) and then from there, in the settings, turn the power management to always on / disable sleep (I don't remember the exact setting but you can find it easily enough).

After that, you should not have that particular problem ever again.