Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Custom Input Map isn't working. What am I missing?

KuvenantKuvenant Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

Trying to figure out why my map isn't working properly. I followed the directions to determine the name of my controller, "Microsoft PC-joystick driver", and the mapping of all of the buttons. I then created a custom input map and placed it in the "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\PlexMediaPlayer\inputmaps" folder.

When testing I run into an issue where the inputs seem to have a 'double' input. The problem buttons being:

// Square "KEY_BUTTON_2": "stop", -> this cycles the audio

// Select "KEY_BUTTON_6": "toggle_subtitles", -> toggles the subtitles AND debug overlay

My current theory is that the maps within the examples folder are also being loaded because of:

2018-03-05 18:54:39 [ WARN ] InputMapping.cpp @ 92 - Missing element 'idmatcher' from mapping file: ":/inputmaps/dualshock4-xbox-emulate.json"

I have deleted the examples folder, renamed the files within the folder, and edited the files within the folder. However when I start Plex Media Player the folder is returned to it's default state.

I would hope that I am missing something obvious, however I fear that there is more to this problem. I have attached my original Controller Input Test log, my custom input map, as well as a log showing the 'double' input.

Answers

• paulboy99paulboy99 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Posts: 29 Plex Employee

Hi Kuvenant, trying to reproduce this issue - just wondering is your controller wired or bluetooth? Also, do you know where you got the directions to determine the name of my controller?

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 30,880 Plex Ninja

I wonder...
    try removing the space character from your file name, then close and re-open PMP.

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • KuvenantKuvenant Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass
    edited March 8

The controllers I am using are genuine PS3 controllers connected to windows both wired and wireless via SCPToolkit which tricks Windows into thinking that the controller is an XBox controller. Installation instructions for SCPToolkit were from this video. As best as I can determine the installation works flawlessly for multiple applications.

I acquired the directions for input mapping from PLEX.

@OttoKerner said:
    try removing the space character from your file name, then close and re-open PMP.

Just tried, no change.

• paulboy99paulboy99 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass Posts: 29 Plex Employee

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet so I've logged a Github issue to further investigate.

• LongChairLongChair Plex Dev Team Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 698 Plex Ninja

@Kuvenant : it seems that scptoolkit has a bunch of settings to defined input speed and such.

Could you try checking those if they affect the behavior. From the log you posted it seems we indeed get double input events from SCPToolkit, so I would have a look at the setting like this one :

Plex Dev Team

@LongChair said:
    @Kuvenant : it seems that scptoolkit has a bunch of settings to defined input speed and such.

Could you try checking those if they affect the behavior. From the log you posted it seems we indeed get double input events from SCPToolkit, so I would have a look at the setting like this one

Sorry for the long response time, water heater exploded and revealed massive plumbing issues. No change with the input response time, didn't expect any change since I am using PS3 controllers rather than PS4 controllers.

@paulboy99 said:
    We haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet so I've logged a Github issue to further investigate.

Any help from any location is appreciated. I am still curious if the examples folder may somehow be involved, as it keeps returning even after deletion?

• LongChairLongChair Plex Dev Team Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 698 Plex Ninja

I'm sorry, but we tried hard to reproduce such problem but we didn't succeed.

I'm not sure what problem you are having, but similar configuration seems to work fine in our tests ...

Plex Dev Team

@LongChair said:
    I'm sorry, but we tried hard to reproduce such problem but we didn't succeed.

I'm not sure what problem you are having, but similar configuration seems to work fine in our tests ...

Thanks for trying. Did you manage to test on a Windows 10 machine? If so could you inform me of the 'similar configuration', might be I could change my setup to match.