If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Downmix DTS to Stereo Fire TV

I've been trying to get my Plex setup, I see people having problems trying to get 5.1 with DTS but I'm having the opposite problem.

I only get what I assume are side channels without being able to hear the center channel with dialog, etc..

I have tried editing the Android.xml to force it to either use 2.0 for DTS or convert to AAC similar to what I found in Web.xml as when I stream DTS through Chrome it converts it into AAC however it still plays as Direct Stream showing up as DTS in the logs no matter what I do there.

The only thing I've found that works is picking a low quality in the Fire TV Plex app like 720p 2mbps and then that also forces the conversion of the audio and I can hear all audio.

Is there any way to force just the audio conversion to either stereo or AAC so I don't have to deal with the loss of video quality and extra strain on my server with the unnecessary video conversion?

Thanks a lot

• FordGuy61FordGuy61 Posts: 309Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can you provide some additional information?

What AFTV do you have? Stick, Box, TV? What version?
    How is it connected? To a receiver, to a TV, make/model for each, etc.
    What version of Plex client?

Example: I have an AFTVg2 box.
    AFTVg2 <--HDMI--> Denon 4300H <--HDMI--> LG OLED55B7p

The AFTVg2 sends dts audio to the Denon as PCM 5.1. Due to a problem with the AFTVg2 box firmware, all Dolby audio is sent as PCM 2.0 (stereo).

You can force stereo by disabling DD/DD+ audio in the AFTV audio settings. However, this forces everything to stereo - Netflix, Amazon Video, etc. Somewhat like shooting gnats with an elephant gun. Hopefully there is a more elegant solution.

• afmagooafmagoo Posts: 2Members

I have the Fire Stick gen 2, hooked up straight to TV through HDMI, and sound bar hooked up the TV and has the same problem either through TV or the sound bar - Plex v

Changing DD settings in FireStick audio doesn't change the output channels for me at all, the work around I have found is to use the Plex app in Kodi as that doesn't have any problems for me playing DTS. No idea why that works and it doesn't work on the regular app but a working solution is a world of difference.

Thanks for the help

• chjapachjapa Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here.