Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Synced content gone in UI, still using storage..

niknonikno Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass

The Android client have worked fine for a couple of months, but...yesterday suddenly all my synced music was gone (from the UI).

Checking Sync settings it says 22.5 GB in used and still have space for 30.1 GB (limit set to 52.6 GB), which all seems correct (ie. the music files still seem to be there).

Checking Sync it says 99% done and Sync complete, I am pretty sure it as been 100% before.
When I restart the sync it seems to sync for some seconds (+10s), then stops (still at 99% done).

I have restarted, rebooted...still nothing. I am on latest everything for plex, including the Android beta.

Answers

• dirtycajunricedirtycajunrice Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 169 Plex Pass

Have you tried "Deleting all synced content" then adding it back? If that does nothing you could always go to the android app settings page and clear all of plex's "Data" on your device

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

My Setup:
    Plex Media Server: Ubuntu 16.04 VM
    Servers: 2x R620 each with 2x Xeon E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz / 96GB RAM
    Storage (SAN): Ubuntu 16.04 using NFS with 160TB (192TB / 2 RAID6 Pools MDADM > LVM > EXT4)
    Clients: iOS, WebUI, Nvidia Shield, Roku

• evil_beast666evil_beast666 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

The same thing happens to me with the "6.15.0.3852" beta version. Even after clicking on "Delete synced content" the local content does not appear.

• niknonikno Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass

@dirtycajunrice said:
    Have you tried "Deleting all synced content" then adding it back? If that does nothing you could always go to the android app settings page and clear all of plex's "Data" on your device

Yes, I tried this, and it said deleted but was still consuming storage, So I ended up deleting the Plex app and reinstalling it.

After syncing down my music again (it takes quite many hours, as most of my music is in lossless format). It worked for a couple of days then I ran into some the bug.

New bug (maybe I decide to put another post on it):
    My music is synced, storage is consumed and I see a Music library in the side menu.
    When selecting my local device and Music library it shows some artists and albums in DISCOVER view. In BROWSE view it just says "No items to display".

When I select an album in DISCOVER view I get a toast saying "Plex: This directory appears to be empty".

So currently the Plex app is unusable for me...

• defiance360defiance360 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Having the same problem.

I have sync'd content on my device and it is not showing. I guess this is since the latest update on Android. If I go to the menu it does not show my Movies or TV sections... why disable that view? Just have it present regardless. AND to have to delete more than 40GB to re-sync it is very annoying. Do you guys test before releasing an update?

I also get really frustrated with the fact that the app wants to connect to the server (and the ridiculous time waiting for it) when I'm remote just to show the content on my device. This can be avoided by putting it on Airplane mode, but why should I have to do this! Sort it out please...

Ok. So deleting and re-sync'ing DOES NOT WORK!! WTF-LOL-OMG... not good plex devs, not good.

Completely removing the app from the device, re-installing and re-sync'ing seems to have worked, although only on the second time I tried. First time I had the same issue (content sync'd but not displaying).

• nairbplexnairbplex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Same issue here, all synced content disappeared from ui so I'm unable to play it but it does still show on the sync status page and is still taking up space.

• nfchevalliernfchevallier Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same issue here. Hopefully a fix gets implemented soon

The only fix so far is to delete your sync'd content, uninstall the app, re-install, and re-sync. Hopefully next time the Plex team will test the app before releasing an update.

• KnightOrcKnightOrc Members, Plex Pass Posts: 245 Plex Pass

I downgraded all the way to 6.12, 6.15+ I have no synced content as above, all still on my storage but not showing in the app, had to uninstall and resync all my content again!

Also, ExoPlayer2 still seems beta quality, maybe don't release it in the public channels until you finish getting it stable etc.

• seanmcgseanmcg Members, Plex Pass Posts: 81 Plex Pass

I hope they're able to fix this issue without needing to resort to deleting synced content and then resyncing. I have almost 250 albums synced to my phone and it takes forever to resync. Fingers crossed they're able to fix this problem in the next update soon.

• teitzelteitzel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

seeing this exactly. Content is seen as synced on my phone and website. If I navigate to my server on phone it has the down arrow noting that the content is synced to the device already.

• john.priddy@gmail.comjohn.priddy@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass
    edited March 28

I ran into this as well this morning -- v 6.15.1.4060. It was working fine last night, can't recall if it auto updated the app or not, but the net result is I lost the ability to locally play around 30gigs of content I was planning on watching while on the road. Same symptoms -- says the content is synced when I refresh the sync but there is no way to get to the content. When I select the client device instead of the plex server there are no categories that normally would hold the content -- for me that was TV and Movies. Pretty irritating bug to hit while in the middle of a trip -- its going to take ages to try and sync this over a dog slow hotel wifi connection.

EDIT: This is on android -- a Pixel C for what its worth.

• javerweyjaverwey Members, Plex Pass Posts: 56 Plex Pass

I also have this exact same issue on my Android devices. Appeared after the March 26th Server and App updates.

I've deleted and re-synced the content, as well as the app cache. I'm given the option to "Play Version" when navigating the Server, but choosing the "Synced Version" sends me back to the header page. The files are on the device, I just cannot access them using the Plex Navigation Menu.

James

Calgary, AB

Plex Devices

Server

Storage

Samsung Phones (S7, S5, S2)

NUC i5

Qnap TS-412

Samsung Tablets (Galaxy Tab 10 LTE, Tab A 7)

8 GB DIMM3

11 TB (4 x 4TB Barracudas – Raid 5)

Samsung Smart TVs

120 GB SSD

Nvidia Shield Tablet LTE

Windows 7

iPad (Gen 1), iPod Touch (Gen 3)

Google Chomecast

Windows PC (7, 10)

• bciprianobcipriano Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Same problem here.

@seanmcg said:
    I hope they're able to fix this issue without needing to resort to deleting synced content and then resyncing. I have almost 250 albums synced to my phone and it takes forever to resync. Fingers crossed they're able to fix this problem in the next update soon.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to wait for a new update as I use it daily... uninstall / re-install.

It's a shame that so many people are having this problem and that it seems to been ignored by anyone from the Plex team... Theres a thread on reddit about it too. It would be nice to hear from Plex on this issue.

• DerpleDerple Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass

Happens on beta as well. Most others here are suggestion you completely uninstalling the app and reinstalling it etc., but another (easier imo) workaround for this would to be wiping the data/cache for the Plex app in the Android Settings > Apps & Notifications > Plex > Storage > Clear Data (ANDROID SETTINGS APP, NOT PLEX ITSELF). No reinstalling required. After that, just open the app, sign back in, and the "deleted synced content" will be gone. Keep in mind this also wipes the app's settings, so make sure to set those up again.

The difference between uninstalling and dumping the app data seems to be trivial. In both scenarios you lose all local content, you have to login with your Plex account again, and a new device ID is created (complicating things on the Server's Devices list should you pick the same device name). As with any software, I would always choose to start with a fresh install. But at this point, I would wait until this issue is resolved before re-installing, or at least wait until someone from Plex says "yup, we're not going back and fixing it, you have to do a re-install" (really it would be good if someone from Plex said anything at all about this issue)...

James

Calgary, AB

Plex Devices

Server

Storage

NUC i5

Qnap TS-412

8 GB DIMM3

Samsung Smart TVs

120 GB SSD

Nvidia Shield Tablet LTE

Windows 7

Google Chomecast

Windows PC (7, 10)

• MaxxHunterMaxxHunter Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

If you un-install the plex app then install it again and re-sync it works.
    The old version was 6.15.1.4060 the new version is 6.14.1.3753.
    So it appears that they rolled back the version in the store.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Plex on one of my Android devices just now and still got version 6.15.1.4060.
    Local and Synced Content Navigation Menu seems to be working fine now...frustrating that every server and/or client upgrade seems to require a re-install.

James

Calgary, AB

Plex Devices

Server

Storage

NUC i5

Qnap TS-412

8 GB DIMM3

Samsung Smart TVs

120 GB SSD

Nvidia Shield Tablet LTE

Windows 7

Google Chomecast

Windows PC (7, 10)