Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

On Deck (edited)

REPendragon1REPendragon1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

Apologies, I had to edit my question. I meant On Deck not On Demand...Has anyone else not been able to remove the "On Deck" section from their home page of their Plex since the newest update?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• flowflow Members, Plex Pass Posts: 740 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Did you actually understand what sa2000 wrote? lol

Please note the Legal notice for the usage of Google Analytics in my Channels.
  • zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,240 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

@flow said:

While the general meaning of sa2000 statement is clear (that parameter is basically broken), the way he words his sentence is far from clear.

You change something to accomodate larger values for a parameter that is an "undocumented feature" (but still prominently placed in the settings UI), and in doing so you "inadvertently zap" that feature... let's say they lost track of how that parameter works and have no idea how to fix that ;D

• leelyndsleelynds Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,120 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

@Elijah_Baley said:
    Have you set "Include in dashboard" to no for that library?

@REPendragon1 said:
    I've never seen a setting for "include in dashboard" and I've been through every setting option.

If you disable that option for the library, it also will stop any items from appearing in the "recently added" sections on the home page. So if you are just trying to get rid of the "on deck" section, it probably isn't a real solution.

Answers

• Seven_Seven_ Members, Plex Pass Posts: 309 Plex Pass
    edited March 7

be more specific, on what player ? because on what i use, i see no on Demand

PMS Version: 1.13.2.5154 ~ on Win10 x64
    Plex Player: 2.0.11 ~ Samsung TV UE39F5500
    Plex Player: 5.3.4 ~ Roku Express 3900

"You laugh at me that I am different, I laugh at you that you are all the same"

• REPendragon1REPendragon1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

Sorry, I asked the about the wrong section. I meant On Deck.

• alkivaralkivar Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

yep since the last update I cant get rid of it. I already have my On Deck set to consider 0 weeks for On Deck.

edited March 11

Appreciate the help flow but I already tried that....

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,061 Plex Pass

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” Philip K. Dic*k (This STUPID forum software does not allow a perfectly valid last name, hence the unusual looking formating)

From a High School paper on Greek Philosophers:
    "Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock."

Accepted Answer

• zpaolo11xzpaolo11x Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,240 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

@flow said:

While the general meaning of sa2000 statement is clear (that parameter is basically broken), the way he words his sentence is far from clear.

You change something to accomodate larger values for a parameter that is an "undocumented feature" (but still prominently placed in the settings UI), and in doing so you "inadvertently zap" that feature... let's say they lost track of how that parameter works and have no idea how to fix that ;D

I've never seen a setting for "include in dashboard" and I've been through every setting option.

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,061 Plex Pass

@REPendragon1 said:

Not "every" setting.

In the main Plex screen in the web interface hover your mouse over the library involved and click on the three dots that appear.
    In the resulting menu click on "edit."
    In the screen that results click on "Advanced."
    The resulting screen "Include in dashboard" is the first entry.

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” Philip K. Dic*k (This STUPID forum software does not allow a perfectly valid last name, hence the unusual looking formating)

From a High School paper on Greek Philosophers:
    "Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock."

• leelyndsleelynds Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,120 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

@Elijah_Baley said:

@REPendragon1 said:

If you disable that option for the library, it also will stop any items from appearing in the "recently added" sections on the home page. So if you are just trying to get rid of the "on deck" section, it probably isn't a real solution.

@Elijah_Baley said:
    >

In the main Plex screen in the web interface hover your mouse over the library involved and click on the three dots that appear.
    In the resulting menu click on "edit."
    In the screen that results click on "Advanced."
    The resulting screen "Include in dashboard" is the first entry.

I found it... If I uncheck then I also disable the "recently added", which would be no good.