Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Your credentials have expired.

WaggersWaggers Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited March 7 in Android (mobile)

I had to do a factory reset on my Galaxy Note 4 (un-rooted running Android 6.0.1).

I've installed the Plex client (6.14.1.3753) and now, every 4 or 5 minutes the app logs me out whith a message "Your credentials have expired. Please sign in again".

I'm not all that technical savvy, but things I have tried include:
Clear the Plex App cache.
Un-install and re-install the app.
Changed my Plex password.
Performed another factory reset on the Note 4, and re-installed Plex.

My other clients (PC, & Smart TV) work fine and if it relevant, my Plex server (Version 1.12.0.4829) is running on a Windows 10 PC.

I've run out of ideas now, so if anyone could give me any pointers I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in anticipation.

Answers

• WaggersWaggers Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

*** UPDATE ***
    This problem seems to be connected to Sync. The Plex app only keeps signing me out if I have my server synchronising my music library. Switching off the sync removes the problem.

• RobertSmitsRobertSmits Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V - Intel Core i5-3470 - 8GB Corsair Value RAM - Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo - System: 2x 500 GB WD Green RAID1 - Media: 2x 4TB WD Red BTRFS RAID1 - Ubuntu 17.04

• brayrobert201@gmail.combrayrobert201@gmail.com Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

And same problem in the same circumstances.

Syncing TV episodes

• johnny  bravojohnny bravo Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am also suffering with this. Syncing music.

• negzeronegzero Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not syncing anything locally and it's happening here.

• smegplexsmegplex Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 8

Also having the same issue, Andriod Samsung S8 Plex app
    When you go to sync it logs you out.

Comes up with "Please Sign in again - Your Credentials have expired. Please sign in again.

Restarted the phone and the rebooted the plex server and restarted the wifi.

Server Version 1.12.0.4829 - windows 10
    App version 6.14.1.3753

Issue still occuring... Looks like a bug.

• loud681loud681 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here when i try and sync media

• mascafidimascafidi Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing this as well. It is especially frustrating because I just bought a Lifetime Plex Pass specifically for the Sync feature. I downloaded a few movies for my trip to Canada (5GB of T-Mobile LTE wouldn't be enough to stream) and when this occurred I lost my sync'd movies.

• matt2079matt2079 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 8

I'm seeing the same problem. This is extremely frustrating! I have spent the past week syncing media to my tablet for a family trip and yesterday Plex decided that it would just delete all of the synced content and start over.

I get a couple items synced and then it just seems to stop syncing, even after waiting overnight. So I tried uninstalling the app and re-installing and now I'm stuck in the expired credentials loop!

From the number of hits that turn up on Google, Sync has had recurring problems for years. When is the Plex team going to do something about fixing this feature instead of releasing new features like VR?

• brayrobert201@gmail.combrayrobert201@gmail.com Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It had stopped letting me claim the server on the host.

Restarted the service (Running Ubuntu 17.10) and it seemed a bit more OK after that.

• RobertSmitsRobertSmits Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure for you guys bot for me it is working again.

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V - Intel Core i5-3470 - 8GB Corsair Value RAM - Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo - System: 2x 500 GB WD Green RAID1 - Media: 2x 4TB WD Red BTRFS RAID1 - Ubuntu 17.04

Same here, app seems to be working and I can sync again :-)

Mine is also working again. I wonder if we'll ever know what the problem was?

Probably not, I just ordered a HDHomerun to setup Plex DVR. A sucker for punishment :blush:

Hmmmm, spoke too soon.

I'm trying to sync my entire music library (about 200 tracks). It plods through the sync process and eventually states it's complete. A few minutes later it then changes 100% complete to 90% complete and syncs another 500-odd songs.

It's been doing this for a couple of days now.

BTW I also have a HDHomerun on my system and this is one thing that works fine, without issue! :D