If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

msavazzimsavazzi Posts: 8Members ✭✭

I'm puzzled.
I have all the files with

that is the structure I've got in the wiki.
Now when I import the movies the poster is correctly shown but the fanart is never shown not on Xbox, Web etc...

what am I doing wrong?

• dirtycajunricedirtycajunrice Posts: 141Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When you say "Fan-Art" do you mean the background? Both are editable options per entry but some need to be manually selected.

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

My Setup:
    Plex Media Server: Ubuntu 16.04 VM
    Servers: 2x R620 each with 2x Xeon E5-2670 @ 2.60GHz / 96GB RAM
    Storage (SAN): Ubuntu 16.04 using NFS with 160TB (192TB / 2 RAID6 Pools MDADM > LVM > EXT4)
    Clients: iOS, WebUI, Nvidia Shield, Roku

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 1,332Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

when all your files are in 1 folder (movie: foo; folder: foo; file: foo/foo.mkv) you don't need the "foo-" prefix. just name it poster.jpg.

keep in mind, Plex doesn't officially select a media/picture type "fanart". officially supported options are:

• cover
    • folder
    • movie
    • poster

source: https://support.plex.tv/articles/200220677-local-media-assets-movies/

• msavazzimsavazzi Posts: 8Members ✭✭

I read in that page:
    Background (Fanart) Artwork
    Background art is often displayed in the background when looking at the details page for a movie. It can also be used in the background elsewhere or for a slideshow or screensaver. Background art typically uses a 16:9 aspect ratio. Local background artwork or “fanart” can be specified as follows:
    MovieName (Release Date)-fanart.ext or
    Movies/MovieName (Release Date)/Custom_Fanart_Name.ext
    Where Custom_Fanart_Name can be one of the following:

:) so it should support

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 1,332Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

you're right... I had missed that chapter.
    still... if you're using it in the folder, just name it art.jpg, backdrop.jpg, background.jpg or fanart.jpg -- not moviename/moviename-fanart.jpg