If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Identifying files not added to plex library

raworahiraworahi Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok so I'm in the process of uploading my entire (roughly 7tb - it is a long process) of media libraries to my plex cloud server.

I've noticed that some files aren't showing up in the plex library. For example: In the movies folder on the cloud, I currently have 395 different movies all in m4v format - each movie is in it's own directory with a subtitles file and I have grouped the directories in 8 sub directories (by letter grouping i.e. #-b, c-e, f-h etc - each of these has approximately 60 movie folders in it).

When I add the "Movie" directory to the "Movie" library in Plex - I get only 393 Movies.

I was experiencing a similar problem before when I just had about 600 movies files in a single directory but I haven't experienced this problem with local/nas files at all since I implemented the naming/directory convention above.

Is there a known issue around this - that maybe has a workaround in place?

Any way to get/print/export a plaintext list of all the movies in a library so I can try to figure out which files are missing and troubleshoot further?

I'm really trying to avoid having to do this by hand.

Any help or ideas would be apprecaited

Best Answer

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,906Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There isn't a way to do this on the Shield. Once thing you can check is using Plex Web, enter your movie library, then change the view from "all" to "duplicates". This will identify if any movies have become combined into 1.

• raworahiraworahi Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

There isn't a way to do this on the Shield

bah, I didn't realize I posted this in the shield forum - my bad - I'm playing it on a shield but managing the plex cloud from my pc.

This will identify if any movies have become combined into 1.

I have zero duplicate files, but I should have about 20 more items than the library is counting.

For example: I have 120 movies in 120 separate folders but when I scan the parent directory, Plex only identifies and adds 100 titles to my library.

I'd like to see if there was any way to discover what those items are without having to manually compare the lists.