Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Not Updating Movie Data Base

typiguet@gmail.comtypiguet@gmail.com Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass
edited March 8 in Linux

Ok. So I've been running plex for a while now and its been great. Up until now i'm having alittle bit of trouble that I just can't figure out.

Before, my setup was just a older computer that ran ubuntu 16.04 with all my files on a external hard drive. Everything worked fine.

Now, I've upgraded to a much bigger server with all internal hard drives and only use the external drive for my TV Shows. The following is now my issue.
When I first setup the new server everything worked and was found. No permission issues except for FTP access which I fixed.
Now any new movies uploaded since the new server going live doesn't get found. When I upload the plex server detects changes but doesn't add the new movies. When I upload new TV shows to the external drive it detects the changes and adds them to my list. This is really starting to get on my nerves.
Now if I completely delete the movies folder from plex and re-add it guess what it works and finds all the movies including the new ones. But this option isn't something I want to keep doing because of how long it takes to add my data base.

Can someone please help with some advice.

Answers