Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Pictures: There was an unexpected error loading this library.

RandomGeezaRandomGeeza Posts: 13Members ✭✭

PICTURES
There was an unexpected error loading this library.
Please visit our forums if you continue to experience problems.

Anyone else... The Pictures tab loads the above text. And yet when looking on here... there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info?

Anyone?

Answers

• sandranoorensandranooren Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, I have the same problem today.

• CyberDynamiteCyberDynamite Posts: 1Members

Same problem here while loading my library for the first time! Everything else scanned correctly: films, music, series, etc. But no pictures at all having this error message. How to resolve this?

• GregoryHDGregoryHD Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, same issue. Just tried setting up a picture library for backing up my phone. Interesting enough, I can see the photos on my phone (including other photos that only reside on plex and not my phone) if I change the filter from albums to photos... but I can't do that through the web. Do the photos need to be albums to work?

• pbs3pbs3 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here, too. There was an unexpected error loading this library when trying to load Photos library. Are we looking at a bug here?

• MS73MS73 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same bloody problem with my music library, yesterday crome had some updatings, can that be reason for these problems?

• dr.dan66dr.dan66 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yep, same here. Been getting this for weeks. :(
    Any solutions?

• jb74ccwjb74ccw Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass

Yup, same here as well. no info on the s forum either. Now what?

• marsockymarsocky Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Set up new account on my Mac. successfully ported everything over, including settings. Plex Media Server and Plex Media Player apparently opening with no trouble but now can't get past the "There was an unexpected error loading this library." warning which shows on both Server and Player screens.

The stars are matter, we are matter but it doesn't matter.

• marsockymarsocky Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Aha! Update. Completed re-scan of Music library and it has now deigned to open. Will update if I find out the reason or if it reverts to warning when nits opened next time. Apologies I haven't got any reasons for the behaviour.

The stars are matter, we are matter but it doesn't matter.

• mrbeers2232mrbeers2232 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had the same problem with my photos library. After reading a bit through the forums, I tried a database optimization. Problem solved for me.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200392106-Library-Actions

• youlmanyoulman Posts: 1Members

for me scanning the library resolve the problem

• SE56SE56 Posts: 2,290Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 29

@youlman said:
    for me scanning the library resolve the problem

Enable Library Auto update on PMS

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV WebOS 1.4, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• RandomGeezaRandomGeeza Posts: 13Members ✭✭
    edited April 7

Wow, just checked in today and saw that I am not alone. I have tried both of the suggestions above and neither worked for me... I've also removed the Photos Library and re-added it, with the same results...???

• PkGowaPkGowa Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Was having the same problem - had a bunch of photos from an iPhone (.HEIC files) included in the folder- converted them jpgs, removed the HEIC files, and then the library loaded first try. That said this has been my only run in with this message/ problem.

• austinklenkaustinklenk Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue, i've tried adding photos library over and over again, checking permissions, and i have the same issue

• JustinsaneJustinsane Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same error

Bumping this back to the top, The more that do, the more likely we are to eventually get a fix... Please Plex!

• sheinen@mail.comsheinen@mail.com Posts: 2Members

I have the same unexpected error. The only suggested fix of updating the library automatically doesn't seem to work. Help!

Continuing to bump to the top...

• GuineaGuinea Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here.