Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iOS Remote Control intermittent

jordynormjordynorm Validating Posts: 1

I'm not sure when this started occur but it definitely hasn't always been the case. But recently I've noticed that if you control your Plex Media Player with the iOS Plex app the control buttons don't work at all like the arrows and the middle button. Also if you open a TV Show episode via iOS while it's controlling your PMP it works fine but then if you lock your iOS screen and then re-open Plex app about 5 minutes later you see it's still controlling the PMP but the only display on the screen is the controller which doesn't work. So there's no way to pause or adjust volume etc. There are only 2 ways I've been able to get the controls back in this situation:

A) Fully quit the app on iOS, re-open it and re-select the remote player. You then get presented with the correct controls.
B) Use the minimise button on iOS Plex app in the top left which leaves the episode continuing to play but also minimises it on the remote player. You then have to find the same episode and click play on it again which re-opens it and taes it back to the same spot.

Either way it's not working properly and only an issue that has been introduced when Plex Home Theater died.

Running Plex on a server running Ubuntu Server 16.04, latest stable free Plex as of right now 1.12.0.4829 and latest iOS app update for Plex app. My iOS device is iPhone 6s and my player is a Mac Mini running Latest Plex Media Player application.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Jordan