Plex for Sonos
We’ve just released our biggest update to Plex for Sonos ever. We made significant changes to our backend service resulting in noticeable performance improvements and a much more reliable playback experience.
- Additional info available for artists: popular tracks, bio, tour dates
- Faster browsing, searching, everything.
- Playback is more reliable.
- Supports direct playing FLAC, AAC
- Browsing other servers / libraries is simpler
- Numerous user interface enhancements to all pages
- If you've previously used the public beta, you’ll be asked to reauthorize with Plex again the next time you use the service
- When authenticating you get a scary warning about being in Virginia
- If you are still seeing the old version in your Sonos app you can force the update by doing the following:
- Desktop: Check for updates (there won't be any), then restart the app
- Mobile: More, Settings, Online Updates, then restart the app
Please post any feedback or questions in the Plex for Sonos forum.