If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"Unable to browse music" error with latest update?

jneunjneun Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any pointers appreciated. It's been awhile since I've used Plex under SONOS so I may have missed something along the way.

Best Answer

Answers

• geofoxgeofox Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue (I posted on the Sonos forum as well). Yesterday I had a 701 error but Sonos sais on their forum that the Plex integration was being updated. Today, I tried again to delete and add the Plex service. The app take me to the plex website to sign in (not asking a pin, probably the new integration). Then, when Plex is added to Sonos, I got the message “unable to browse music” after a few seconds. If I try again, Sonos asks me to reauthorize Plex. I’m taken back to the Plex website, I sign in, I go back to the Sonos app and then it asks me again to reauthorize the account. Then the same thing, in a loop.

Should I wait while Plex and Sonos sorts things out or am I doing something wrong?

Please not that my plex server in not on the same LAN as my Sonos (remote server) and that I was able to play music from that server before the update.

• geofoxgeofox Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems to be fixed now!

• johnclaytonjohnclayton Plex-ifier of Smart Speakers Montana, USAPosts: 68Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The updated configuration for the new app is still in the process of rolling out globally. You can try to force the update by checking for updates in the Sonos app and then restarting it. Worse case scenario you can remove the Plex service and re-add it.

• jneunjneun Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I tried:
    1) check for updates, NG
    2) remove Plex service, shut down SONOS Windows app, re-add Plex, NG

I guess I'll just wait. Maybe it's because I'm actually in VA? :)

• stpbasestpbase Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Was that even tested? Almost nothing works anymore. All the time just: plex connection was disconnected.
    Plex music tracks can't be used in a saved sonos-playlist. Just the error above.

• no updates yet
    • re-added the Plex service several times.
    • inside plex service the music will play, but that's it.

PLEX Media Server running on QNAP TS-470 Pro with Intel Core i7-3770T and symmetric gigabit FTTH

• spazrobotspazrobot Posts: 2Members

I'm seeing this too. "Unable to browse music".

My Sonos players and controllers are up to date. I'm running the latest Plex server.

I tried removing Plex from Sonos and re-adding. Got the scary Ashburn auth message, completed the setup, and it didn't work.

I also tried checking for updates within Sonos, then restarted the app. No change.

• SOS_DKSOS_DK Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same "Unable to browse music", perhaps we are waiting for an update from Sonos in Europe?

What are the network requirements for this to work? Standard Plex port from Sonos to Plex server? Anything from the outside required?

• johnclaytonjohnclayton Plex-ifier of Smart Speakers Montana, USAPosts: 68Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hey gang thanks for the patience today as we've been working through the issues. The app should be working better but we're continuing to monitor.

As far as network requirements the PMS you're accessing needs to be remotely accessible, and if your Sonos and PMS are on the same network your router will need to support NAT loopback.

• PupatorPupator Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Add me to the list. I’d been using Sonos on Spotify for months without an issue and suddenly can’t access my music at all. Bummer.

• cooltimescooltimes Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Folx, got same problem in Germany that the sonos app wanna have an authorize and the browser opens up with that security alert, i can login but the sonos app is empty when i try to browse the plex libary. Does Anyone has to get it workiing again ?

• SHAW_FAMILYSHAW_FAMILY Posts: 85Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

I'm having a similar problem but it's only for Playlists? I can browse and play music from Plex fine but I can't browse my playlists...I get the "Unable to browse music" error.

Anything unique for that?

@johnclayton

Still have the problem. Here's what I just did:

• Remove Plex as a source from the Sonos application (on Mac OSX)
    • Exit Sonos application
    • Shut down Plex server
    • Restart Plex server
    • Verify Plex server is remotely accessible (yep)
    • Open Sonos application (on Mac OSX)
    • Go to add service / visit sonos labs / choose Plex / authorize
    • Return to main Sonos app. Click on Plex as a much source

All I see is "Unable to browse music"

• spazrobotspazrobot Posts: 2Members

I'm still seeing "unable to browse music" when trying to browse my Plex library. This happens when using Sonos clients both on my LAN (while at home) and externally (at the office using our Sonos setup here).

There should not be an "accepted answer" to this issue. The issue is not fixed. Very frustrating to wake up this morning to the third day of not having access to my music, no response to my post from yesterday, another person chiming in with the problem AND somehow a previous answer is accepted as the fix? Bogus.

• SHAW_FAMILYSHAW_FAMILY Posts: 85Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nothing has changed for me either. I continue to get the "Unable to browse music" error.

• braaschrbraaschr Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I ran into this issue over the weekend and I am still having problems this morning. After being prompted for reauthorizaton I was only able to browse the music of a friend. I thought it was a weird mapping issue so I requested that he stop sharing that category with me. Now I have checked for updates, restarted everything, removed/added/reauthorized Plex on Sonos and still I am "unable to browse" my music library. Please send along a fix soon.

• _Plex Home_Plex Home Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same here. tried everything recommended so far - no luck... HELP! :smile:

• STMCSchulteSTMCSchulte Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Also getting "Unable to browse music" error when selecting Plex in Sonos. Sonos and Plex are up-to-date. Verified Plex Remote Access is working. Also removed and re-added Plex service in Sonos app several times. Re-authorized Sonos Beta. Rebooted both Plex Media Server and Sonos controller. Issue is still occurring today (3/14/2018). Resolution?

In most cases the issue is either with at least one PMS being inaccessible remotely, or the server being out of date. Please check the following:

• The PMS instances you have access to, owned and shared, are accessible remotely or via relay.
    • If your PMS has a custom hostname or IP configured make sure that is correct. For example we've seen instances where a custom hostname had been set pointing at one IP, but the PMS had moved, and we timed out trying to connect to the wrong IP.
    • If you have a custom SSL cert, or a custom hostname, make sure that the certificate is valid and that the hostnames match. That is, if you have a plex.myname.com certificate installed via either the Networking server settings or a reverse proxy, make sure that you get that certificate served when connecting and not the *.plex.direct cert.
    • Your PMS is version 1.10 or newer. That version shipped a new playback profile for Sonos support. Note that Plex Cloud is version 1.9, so it won't be available. We are investigating if we can use profile augmentation to support older versions.
    • For playback to work your router must support NAT loopback.

We are actively working on ways to mitigate PMS connection issues to prevent getting stuck at the "Unable to browse music" screen. Thanks for your patience.