Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Custom filters get ignored when playing or adding to playlist

ryskisryskis Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

I've created a custom filter of music. After applying my filter I see that X albums are eligible. When I click play and then open the playing queue I see a larger number of albums in the queue. I get the same behavior when I add a custom filter to the a playlist. It appears as though the custom filter is ignored as soon as I try to use it somehow.

Is this a software issue or am I missing something?

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 30,873 Plex Ninja

Which filter parameters did you use?
    Maybe supply a screenshot of your filters.

Got help? Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • ryskisryskis Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Seems like it's linked to the "album genre" if I use more than 1 rule for Album Genre it breaks.

When I save as a playlist the track count jumps to over 1800.

Create the filter anew.
    After typing in Christmas, hit the Enter key, then type immediately Children's (then Enter again)
    both these search terms are now appearing in one line, with an OR between them.
    Do the same for the two 'Album Title' search terms.

I've tried that. Those OR don't work properly with the "is not" condition from my experience. They get evaluated separately and effectively wipe each other out. I'll try again...

Yup OR with IS NOTs don't work. Same results as all.

Actually, I have found an open bug report about this. So it is at least known as an issue.

• nonsavantnonsavant Members Posts: 1

@OttoKerner could you share a link to the bug report? I'm also currently affected by this issue. Thanks!

@nonsavant said:
    @OttoKerner could you share a link to the bug report? I'm also currently affected by this issue. Thanks!

I cannot. It is not publicly accessible.

• gadgetchannelgadgetchannel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

@OttoKerner said:
    Actually, I have found an open bug report about this. So it is at least known as an issue.

Is this bug the same as I am seeing with this filter on my library?

That filter works fine in the library and shows only films which have both the Comedy and Horror in their genres (AND filter), but when adding to a smart playlist it includes all Comedy films and ignores the Horror genre completely. Swapping them around so Comedy is first results in the playlist containing all Horror films and ignoring Comedy.

It might be a similar issue, yes.

• vulnoxvulnox Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

I know it hasn't been very long since this was asked, but any update on this bug? Despite using Plex since the early OS X only days, I only now started messing with custom filters/playlists to try and streamline some video optimization, and ran into this bug it seems. Trying to get all TV episodes from last 7 days, but exclude daily stuff like Jeopardy or NBC Nightly News, as soon as I add more than one of those, the filter just breaks and I get the items I am trying to filter out.

Does the bug report show an expected resolution build version, anything like that?

Thank you!