Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

FreeNAS 11 Infinite Buffer Immediately

lastb0isctlastb0isct Members, Plex Pass Posts: 41 Plex Pass

Running the latest plexpass version. I am currently attempting to move my install from Ubuntu 16.04 --> FreeNAS 11 Jail. Before moving the entire Plex Media Server\ Directory from my ubuntu 16.04 install I am able to playback content. After moving the directory over and making sure the plex user is the owner of the directory I'm able to start up Plex and view it in a WebGUI but when I try and play something back it is constantly buffering, immediately. No image is displayed and it continues to buffer forever. I've left it there for minutes and there is no timeout.

The logs are not showing any errors and it looks like it's transcoding just fine. This is really confusing me. Any help would be appreciated.

Now that I'm looking at it more, it also seems that when I turn on the Destination system services (FreeNAS 11 Jail) my Ubuntu 16.04 system completely disappears from my server list(s). Not sure if that has anything to do with this but thought it would be good to add.

Answers

• lastb0isctlastb0isct Members, Plex Pass Posts: 41 Plex Pass
    edited March 8

Looks like the service is also creatiing another directory in the plexdata-plexpass directory. Here was the heirarchy:

/plexdata-plexpass/
    Plex/
    Plex\ Media\ Server/

I deleted the Plex directory, as that shouldn't be needed. But when I restarted services and tried to play something that directory was created again! Maybe this has to do with the Preferences.xml? Does anyone know?!

EDIT -- It wasn't the Preferences.xml. I completely removed the preferences and still having the issue with it just being in constant buffering.