Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Prefer synced content seems ineffective

sarlacsarlac Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass
edited March 10 in iOS

I’ve synced several audiobooks and noticed excessive battery drain and heat from the device when playing them. It turns out that even though I’ve chosen “prefer synced content” it still streams the content if an internet connection is available.

The whole reason I purchased a pass was for the option to sync content. If the only way to play synced content is to disable WiFi and LTE then I may as well have not bought a pass.

Please tell me there’s an easy fix for this.

Comments

• frederick.graysonfrederick.grayson Members, Plex Pass Posts: 420 Plex Pass
    edited April 5

I am seeing this too and also posted about this. No answers so far? That's disappointing. I have searched around on the forum too and this has been a known problem for years. So far I have not seen a fix posted.

• arobe79arobe79 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 240 Plex Pass

You can play synced content you just have to change the server from your remote Plex server to you device. It would be better if it worked automatically. Not the ideal but you can still do it.

Plex Media Server Intel G540 CPU 2.50 GHZ 2M CACHE 2.5 2 LGA 1155 Processor, Windows 10, Apple TV 4 X 2, iOS

• frederick.graysonfrederick.grayson Members, Plex Pass Posts: 420 Plex Pass
    edited April 5

I am using the correct device.