If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Streaming through LAN in a 3 routers network

JoanmayJoanmay Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Does anyone solved the LAN streaming for a 3 router network ?

My setup schema would be:

Internet Router  
     /                   \ 

Router 2 Router 3
/ \
PMS Smart tv

I have solved the problem for every direct connection (cable/wifi) from Router 2 and the Internet Router to the PMS. But for the Router 3 it is handled using the external networ/Internet not the internal network LAN.

To make the 2 routers LAN work for the internal and external network I did:

• Setup static IP for the Router 2 based on MAC
  • Add DMZ exception in the "Internet Router" pointing the IP of the PMS
  • Open ports in Router 2 for the PMS IP local address.

I can imagine how to solve the matter for a 2-way NAT, but in a 3-way with the network schema above, I'm completely lost. I don't know what I should try to do.

Thanks in advance

Best Answers

• JoanmayJoanmay Posts: 9Members ✭✭

It messed with the schema. I attach it as image.

• JoanmayJoanmay Posts: 9Members ✭✭

I have decided to replace the router with an small switch to simplify the routing task, beeing the PMS in the main router subnet, also worked without any further configuration in a device connected to a secondary router. Which is nice.

This is what I was looking for.

I pressume everything @gbooker02 commented is correct though. I am get lost easily when it is referred to complex network routing schemes.

Thanks for both responds, they were useful.