If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Live TV

mwarcurimwarcuri Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there any plan at all to get the live TV to work in the Plex for Kodi app?

MSI - Gamer 5 MB
i5-4460 CPU
16 gb of PNY 1866 DDR3 Memory
128 gig PNY SSD drive for the OS (Linux Mint 18.3)
480 gig SanDisk Ultra II SSD program disk
1 tb Seagate Barracuda 5400 HDD
LG Blu-Ray RW 16x Drive
Hauppauge WinTV quad x 2 (8 Tuners!)
WD My Cloud 2tb NAS with an 8tb WD Red drive in separate enclosure (USB 3.0) for 10 tb Storage

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NwbElectricalNwbElectrical Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't think this will happen any time soon. I've installed TV Headend on my Raspberry Pi through librelec. Although you have to exit the Plex addon and use the TV interface in Kodi it has proven bullet proof

• timstephens24timstephens24 Posts: 366Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This would make Plex even more a go-to backend since Kodi (and soon MrMC) could play Live TV without having to transcode like the Plex clients on a lot of devices.

Denon X4200W 5.2.4 --> LG OLED65C6P
    Apple TV 4K -- Channels App for TV+DVR
    HDHomeRun Quatro
    NVIDIA SHIELD Pro // XB1X // PS4
    ===== SYNOLOGY DS1815+ DS513 =====

timstephens24

• timstephens24timstephens24 Posts: 366Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 16

@HitsVille said:

After a 9 month silence of any dev or ninja in Plex for Kodi we got a connectivity bug fix and a couple of sentences saying development hasn;t stopped. That was 2 or 3 months ago.
    So one connectivity fix and a small paragraph in 12 months. What do you think your chances before 2019? ;)

Oh getting Plex to fix or change anything takes at least a year. But you have to start now so in a year @elan will show up and apologize and then 6 months later it'll get added. :D

Denon X4200W 5.2.4 --> LG OLED65C6P
    Apple TV 4K -- Channels App for TV+DVR
    HDHomeRun Quatro
    NVIDIA SHIELD Pro // XB1X // PS4
    ===== SYNOLOGY DS1815+ DS513 =====

timstephens24

• mrmctvmrmctv Posts: 66Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Or once it gets into MrMC, we will start fixing issues and adding features and Plex for Kodi team can pull our fixes :)

• mwarcurimwarcuri Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mrmctv said:
    Or once it gets into MrMC, we will start fixing issues and adding features and Plex for Kodi team can pull our fixes :)

SO?? Does this mean that you have the ability to get this to work? I would donate to the project if it was a good solid setup!

MSI - Gamer 5 MB
    i5-4460 CPU
    LG Blu-Ray RW 16x Drive
    WD My Cloud 2tb NAS with an 8tb WD Red drive in separate enclosure (USB 3.0) for 10 tb Storage

• mwarcurimwarcuri Posts: 60Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please give me Live TV in this app!!!!! This would really change the game!

MSI - Gamer 5 MB
    i5-4460 CPU
    LG Blu-Ray RW 16x Drive