Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Video playback is choppy 5.1.1 ROKU Ultra

SmokindogSmokindog Posts: 163Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have playback issues on my ROKU Ultra (4660RW, Plex 5.1.1). I'll call it "choppy frames" ala silent movie era!!!! Consistent playback but looks a little like the old "flip card movies" you'd make as a child.

On this setup I have a Yamaha RX-A1020, a PS3 FAT, a ROKU Ultra, and a Vizio

Playback of the same content is fine like live TV on the PS3 (Plex 3.1.0, PS3 01.41).

Video playback of the same content is fine using the Vizio app (Plex for Vizio 3.13.13, Vizio Presto 0) as well. Unfortunately Vizio hasn't updated the client on this TV in awhile and it has the "closed caption always on" bug that Plex supposedly fixed for Vizio.

I enabled remote logging on my ROKU and played about 5 minutes of the show from my server (Last Man Standing) just prior to hitting Post Discussion!

Comments

• SmokindogSmokindog Posts: 163Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Vizio is a M651d-A2

• SmokindogSmokindog Posts: 163Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just downloaded the free 1 month trial of Plex Pass to see how well it worked with my Hauppauge quad card.

LiveTV play back on the ROKU is still as above.

Don't even see the option to play Live TV on the PS3 and even though there is a Channel pick on the Vizio it shows nothing.

PS - VERY disappointed there is no grid guide. Basic requirement IMO