If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

shield question

richard24red@gmail.comrichard24red@gmail.com Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Hi everybody

I have a question about the n shield would it be a good server. What I'm talking about is all my media is h.264 or h.265 and they are 2mbps for 1080p streams so it plays very well in my house (at the moment I'm using a rasi pi and it's ok just doesn't transcode I know I don't need it when it's direct play
but what I need to know is when I go to like my fiancee we like to watch plex but it won't transcode the pi ) so I'm wondering will the shield transcode so I can use it out side of my network when I'm away from my home basically sorry if I went a bit of topic there just need to know before I buy one

thank you in advance

Best Answers

• richard24red@gmail.comrichard24red@gmail.com Posts: 9Members ✭✭

bump please

• richard24red@gmail.comrichard24red@gmail.com Posts: 9Members ✭✭

thank you what is the best setup for it like sd card for the art and network drive for the media