If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Grey buffer box

truesushieatertruesushieater Posts: 2Members

Since I updates window server today every video I watch on xbox one has a grey box in the center that says buffering or title of video I am watching

• truesushieatertruesushieater Posts: 2Members

I have tried closing app and nothing works

• Strahd414Strahd414 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting exactly the same symptoms on my Xbox One X and the latest version of Plex.

• bmcg7982bmcg7982 Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's a known issue. It seems to be if you are in the Xbox insider program and have the latest alpha/beta of the spring update dashboard you get this issue

• shakowsshakows Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unenroll from the Preview Program and your console with downgrade and the issue will go away

• jasontroyhimselfjasontroyhimself Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you all for this solution. It was driving me nuts.
    I'd rather just not be in the preview mode, than having this bug when using Plex.

• MarkusMcNugenMarkusMcNugen Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As a workaround without downgrading, you can enable the DLNA server on the Plex server and use the Media Player app on the Xbox One. Doesnt suffer from the overlay problems the Plex app is currently having on the preview releases. It's not as compatible, but it works.

• SmoothMarxSmoothMarx Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@shakows said:
    Unenroll from the Preview Program and your console with downgrade and the issue will go away

So unenroll from the Xbox Preview Program, not the Plex Beta update channel?

• poggystylepoggystyle Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah. That update pushed out. Now they all have it.