Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Poll: Are you using Blur?

jaapsjaaps Members, Plex Pass Posts: 187 Plex Pass
A new version of Plex is coming. I'm just checking to see if there are enough people still using Blur. If enough, I will put my priorities for updating Blur higher.

Since some people aren't registered on this forum I created a public poll at:
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4ea8292e011eb0e4815235ab

Please vote, thanks!
jaaps

Running PMS + PlexConnect on a headless Ubuntu server. Clients: Apple TV 3 and iPad.

Comments

• unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    If the new features of the new client would be built in, then I would absolutely love to have it updated :D
  • Mr PowerMr Power Members Posts: 130
    edited October 2011
    I use it everyday (the mod) and think it is still by far the best skin for Plex.
  • anasazianasazi Members, Plex Pass Posts: 94 Plex Pass
    I use it and love it!
  • jwrayjwray Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,268 Plex Pass
    Still my favourite skin.

Would love an update.

Jonny
  • RobbyDigitalRobbyDigital Members Posts: 10
    I think it's the most Apple-like skin there is... I like things very simple, and that's what this skin delivers. I wish there were more like it.

Count me in for a v10 update!
  • salgasalga Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass
    Yes, please do update it. It's the best skin out there so far, IMHO...
  • MazeMaze Members Posts: 14
    Yes, please update Blur! It's still the best skin, imo. I use it with the buttons from the mod. It's only one thing that I'm missing - a scrollbar for laaarge libraries. Otherwise brilliant!
  • jaapsjaaps Members, Plex Pass Posts: 187 Plex Pass
    Thanks for all the nice comments.
    After the initial release of Simplex ( http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/25886-a-very-early-stage-concept-simplex/ ) and hopefully without too many bugs needing to be fixed I'll jump onto Blur again straight away.

Running PMS + PlexConnect on a headless Ubuntu server. Clients: Apple TV 3 and iPad.

• freedom80freedom80 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Thanks Jaaps. I am really excited about all your new plex projects! Blur is my current skin of choice! Please give it some new love and I bet even Simplex will come off second best.
  • iMickiMick Members Posts: 39
    Nice! Blur is the best skin for Plex!
    Clean and smooth!

If you need help with translation (Dutch) or something, let it now ;). I translate now everytime my own version... (home.xml).
  • friedflixfriedflix Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,012 Plex Pass
    Still love and use Blur...would love an update.
  • jhansard86jhansard86 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 24 Plex Pass
    I go between reFocus and a custom version of Blur that I built. I would really like to see Blur updated. I like the simple no BS style of Blur.
  • thalymusthalymus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass
    I woul love an updated Blur. I have different versions for each holiday!
  • LightningLightning Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12
    I had Blur as my default skin for ages after installing Plex on my first Mac months ago. I've only just changed to another now that Plex has been updated. If Blur was updated to show 'On Deck' and 'Recently Added', configurable, which one and in which order, it'd be great!

I love the simplicity and the cleanliness of it, thanks. I see that it's regularly 4% of the skins, so there are quite a few users :-)

Many thanks for your efforts.
  • JayBirdJayBird Members Posts: 360 ✭✭
    Yep, i was using it until Laika came out. Would switch back if updated
    Mac Mini 2.0Ghz | 17" i5 MacBook Pro | iPhone 4 | iPad 16GB Wi-Fi | Apple TV 2
  • salgasalga Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass
    Please please please, update Blur for Laika! Thanks!
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,901 Plex Pass
    Update: as much as I like Blur, I think Simplex is better designed for Laika. I thank you for your efforts there, and I hope you are going to primarily focus on that...it is truly stunning! And with the feature requests in there, it has the potential to be even more. While an update for Blur would be most welcomed, I will be watching Simplex more closely :)
  • salparadisalparadi Members Posts: 13
    Already missing Blur in Laika. +1
  • tysontyson Members, Plex Pass Posts: 146 Plex Pass
    I too am missing Blur under Laika. Would love to see it again grace our media clients.
  • justinforemanjustinforeman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass
    Blur is the awesomeness. I'm actually holding off on Laika (I tried it) until Blur is (hopefully) updated! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.