Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot find server

wbrotherwbrother Members Posts: 5

I have worked days on this. Since I updated the media player cannot find server. The port 32400 is listening - assigned to the ip 0.0.0.0 (using netstat). How do I get this to work again?

Best Answer

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 31,470 Plex Team Member
    Accepted Answer

@wbrother said:
    In the Task Manager/Processes tab... shows Plex Media Server.exe *32 running and using 34,032 k Memory - along with the ScriptHost, Tuner and DLNA Server. Account is logged in through the server on the pc - not through the website.

Thank you

The answer to this question is NO

is the server signed in to the same plex.tv account that Plex Media Player is signed into ?

The server is signed into and owned by wbhood and so access from wbrother would not see the server

Decide on which account you are going to use for the sever and devices.
    At the moment the server and a roku 2 are both using account wbhood

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 31,470 Plex Team Member

is the server signed in to the same plex.tv account that Plex Media Player is signed into ?

If the server is signed in to plex.tv then only authenticated access would see the server

if the server is not signed in to plex.tv then i would expect Plex Media Player to be able to access the server provided they are both on the same computer or same local network subnet

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

• wbrotherwbrother Members Posts: 5

I have cleared the device list, started Plex on my desktop computer, opened Plex on the desktop and logged in from there. I don't know where to go next.

The debug log has the lines:
    "type": "log:message",
    "level": 1,
    "message": "[Connections] [Loopback] is unauthorized at http://127.0.0.1:32400 (Status 401)",

"time": "2018-03-12T13:16:18.996Z"

Netstat shows 0.0.0.0:32400 "listening"

Does Plex Media Server.exe show up in winodws task manager ?
    if it does, then we need to get the answer to this question which I asked

is the server signed in to the same plex.tv account?

We can try and find out from the logs.
    Exit Plex Media Server from the windows task manager plex system tray icon
    Then launch Plex Media Server.exe
    Wait 5 minutes then locate the logs folder
    But default it would be C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs
    Copy out the folder and zip it and attach the zip

In the Task Manager/Processes tab... shows Plex Media Server.exe *32 running and using 34,032 k Memory - along with the ScriptHost, Tuner and DLNA Server. Account is logged in through the server on the pc - not through the website.

Accepted Answer

@wbrother said:

Thank you

The answer to this question is NO

The server is signed into and owned by wbhood and so access from wbrother would not see the server

Decide on which account you are going to use for the sever and devices.
    At the moment the server and a roku 2 are both using account wbhood

Got it! Thank you for your help! It had been so long since I had any issues with Plex that I totally forgot about that old user. Once I applied that user and password it jumped right in and is now ready for my new configuration. thank you sa200!