If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Don't dim unselected images when selecting pictures

kryger_kryger_ Posts: 1Members

My user case is picking pictures for a yearly album - I'm going through the timeline, selecting interesting images and adding them to an album. Currently as soon as I select one image, the rest gets dimmed until they're selected too.

This makes it picking out interesting images a bit of a nightmare, the overlay is too dark and causes unnecessary eye fatigue. Google Photos solves this by transforming the selected images' thumbnails to become slightly smaller and feels much better than Plex's UI. There seems to be no useful role to the dimming effect, it does not add any information to user's view.

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,121Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

That's a good point. We went for dimming to be consistent with the rest of the app, but I can see how it would be annoying in this case.

I'll pass it on for consideration. Thanks!

• mm98mm98 Posts: 475Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 16

Not to hijack this thread, but I recently has another thing with selected items.

I installed new drives, and changed the folder structure at the same time. Estimated 10% of my movies was shown as duplicated. I selected the original (first) and then the duplicate, this will cause the original to "win". I did this with all duplicates. The problem/challenge I had was, when I selected "Merge" (completed an action with the current selection), I would logically think, that all selected items would get reset (which they don't). This resulted in lots of incorrect merges, since I by mistake(?), also had included the previous selected movies. Don't know if I am "picky" her :) .... just my words on this.

Plex Media Server: QNAP TS-453 Pro (CPU Mark: 1864, Intel Celeron @ 1.99GHz Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, SSD, 2 x IronWolf)
    Plex Media Clients: PlexWeb (app.plex.tv), Plex for LG, CHromecast, Chromecast Ultra, iPhone 6, iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4 and Sonos
    DVR Hardware: HDHomeRun EXPAND (HDHR3-4DC, Firmware: 20170930)
    Smart TV: LG UHD UH7500 (US) / UH750V (EU) (WebOS 3.0)

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,121Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We generally keep the selection around after an action, since it's typically quite labor intensive. There is a 'clear selection' at the top, if that (belatedly!) helps you.