If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Player Stretch Screen / Aspect Ratio Functionality Does Not Work like Plex Home Theater

tdixlertdixler Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

One of the features I always used with Plex Home Theater was the "V" key which would let me cycle through different aspect ratios (Stretch screen, 4:3, 16:9, etc..). I specifically liked the stretch screen option. I've read a ton of threads on this but it just doesn't work the way it used to. Is this going to be added into Plex Media Player?

• onekmilesbehindonekmilesbehind Posts: 100Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tdixler have you tried the z key during playback? That flips through various AR values, like stretch 16:9, 4:3, etc. Or are you saying that doesn't provide the desired behavior when you use it? If the latter, please describe what it does vs what you want it to do.

The full list of PMP keyboard controls can be viewed in this article.