If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't get Plex to work on my 55" Samsung (UN55KS800DF)

Samsung TV Model: UN55KS800DF Type: UN55KS800D

The Plex app on the TV says: "delstar is offline or unreachable"
"delstar" is the name of my Plex server on my PC (running Windows 7).

On my PC I run IPConfig at a DOS Prompt (cmd) and get the IP address of my PC. I then enter that into the Samsung TV Plex app under Manual Servers. This didn't work. I do not get the "ipaddress is offline or unreachable" message, so I know that the address and port I have entered are correct. Also, I know that it can see my server because it tells me the name of it.

The Plex app works when I run it from a Roku box or stick, my Android tablets, my Android phone, and the Apple phones in the house. So, I know my Plex server itself is fine. My stupid Samsung TV just doesn't want me to use it for some reason.

I have tried going into the Plex server settings (the local web based page at and changing the "Secure Connections" option to "Disabled" (under Server / Network), but that didn't help either.

I don't know what else to try. I have read several topics about people having issues with Plex on Samsung TVs, but nothing I have read helps me. I have the latest version of Plex software on my PC and on my TV. Plex works everywhere except on my Samsung.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated.