Plex DVR keeps recording episodes I already have
I'm trying to finally figure out a DVR issue I've been experiencing a while now, both on PMS for Windows and PMS for Synology NASes. Basically, Plex DVR ofen (maybe always, I'm not sure) records episodes that I already have in my Library. I have 8 shows scheduled to be recorded, but the show this seems to happen the most frequently on is Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Maybe it's because it just happens to be the show that airs the most frequently.
Anyway, take today for example. s03e02 was just recording, but I already have it in my library:
This causes a few issuus:
1) afterward the processor is pegged from comskip and transcoding.
2) Sometimes/often (not sure of the percentage) the old version of the episode isn't deleted, leading to many duplicates which I have to manually clean up.
3) could potentially lead to unnecessary recording conflicts. I don't think it has been a problem so far though.
I've gone through my DVR settings and tried to restrict recordings as much as possible.
- record: all episodes (unable to change)
- airings: new and repeat airings (I want to record re-runs, just not if I already have them recorded)
- Resolution: HD only
- Replace lower resolution items: off
- Allow partial airings: off
- Limit to channel: any
- Limit to airing time: any
- remove commercials: on
- Keep: all episodes
- delete episodes after watching: never
Is one of these settings causing this to happen? As far as I can tell they shouldn't, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what they do.
Thanks for any help!