Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Android Sync Updating Information

WaggersWaggers Members, Plex Pass Posts: 33 Plex Pass

I'm trying to sync my music library to my Galaxy Note 4. There are about 2000 tracks in all.

The sync process gets to the 100% complete mark and then states 'Updating Information'. After a few minutes I get a notification saying 'Unfortunately Plex has Stopped".

I restart the Plex app and it then goes on to sync 500-odd tracks again. It then repeats 'Updating Information' before crashing again.

Can anyone give me (a non-techie) some pointers to help me troubleshoot this? Failing that, is it possible to copy my music library via, say, a USB cable, so it's payable via the Plex app?

The client is 6.14.1.3753 and the PMS is 1.12.0.4829 running on a Windows 10 PC (i7 CPU, 24 GB Ram).

I've re-installed both the app and the server with no success.

T.I.A.

Best Answer

• DerpleDerple Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Unfortunately, Sync has been plagued by issues for well over a year at this point. Many threads and bug reports have come up over time, but they don't seem to get fixed. There is most likely nothing you can do to get Sync working correctly.

Answers

• DerpleDerple Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Unfortunately, Sync has been plagued by issues for well over a year at this point. Many threads and bug reports have come up over time, but they don't seem to get fixed. There is most likely nothing you can do to get Sync working correctly.

• giantninjagiantninja Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Been having the same issues trying to sync to my android (galaxy S8+). I've reinstalled and all that other BS, but syncing to mobile hasn't been working.

So Plex, you're basically cool with this? This is a paid/premium feature, and (in my mind) the only reason to pay for plex (other than it's amazing if you don't factor in these syncing issues). Any input or thoughts on this?

• vtech1855vtech1855 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

@Derple said:

Extremely insulting that this is marked as an "Accepted Answer". There is nothing acceptable about this.

• darylmbeckmandarylmbeckman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Sync is really an issue for me also, it makes Plex unusable be on my Galaxy S8. Really surprised this is not getting resolved.

• vibbanvibban Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass

Cant believe i still pay for this ****.. Getting worse every Day.. Nothing works..

• kraythekraythe Members Posts: 20 ✭✭

I cancelled plex because Sync to my Galaxy 9 wont work AT ALL.