If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Duplicate entry in movies by title with metadata_type 18

sylvesterportugalsylvesterportugal Posts: 1Members

I have some duplicates in the library that are only visible when ordering by title.

I can see the duplicates with the following sql:
select * from metadata_items where metadata_type = 18;

If I delete these rows the dupes disappear but if the original file still exists in the library the dupe reappears if Plex is restarted so there is another record somewhere causing a problem.

The duplicate has a thumbnail and will play the content but has no other metadata when selected.

Normal entries have thumbnail, title, year. The dupes have thumbnail, title, number of movies (see screenshot below).

When the file is deleted the normal entry is correctly removed via trash but the dupe stays forever even after emptying trash. The rogue entry now lists as thumbnail, title, "0 Movies".

The two files that have caused this were from BBC iPLayer so originally have the filename format ..mp4 e.g. Calvary.b05rgxtt.mp4. THey were put into the library folder in this format but later corrected to the normal format with the year in brackets but the duplicate entry was already created and does not go when the filename format is fixed.

I am running on Linux.

This discussion has been closed.