Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Ignoring my settings now? (PMP auto updated to 2.0!)

faboohaahhfaboohaahh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass

I fired up Plex Media Player on my desktop, where I had previously declined the rancid UI that is PMP 2.x.

Today it automatically upgraded to 2.x. What gives? Are you forcing this? Is this what is going to pass for a UI now in my Windows environment whether I like it or not?

How the expletive deleted can I revert to 1.x without having to manually reinstall?

If you can't tell by now I'm pretty expletive deleted pissed off!

Tagged:

Answers

• markus101markus101 Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 214 Plex Employee

The v2 update is not a forced update, the only way to update would be to manually select the option to update when prompted.

You'll need to manually downgrade to the v1 release if you wish to revert to it.

• faboohaahhfaboohaahh Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass

@markus101 said:
    The v2 update is not a forced update, the only way to update would be to manually select the option to update when prompted.

You'll need to manually downgrade to the v1 release if you wish to revert to it.

I wasn't prompted for v2. I was prompted to perform an update. There was no warning that I was about to be taken to UI purgatory.