Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

transcoder is not working/running.... any ideas?

b1nb1nb1nb1n Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

ERROR - JobRunner: exec of C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\PlexTranscoder.exe failed:

I've upgraded on a windows 10 plex server to the most recent build. I have been unable to access my plex files now. Recorded and live tv are completely broken. I am unable to watch ANY movies. Bottom line seems to come back to the transcoder being completely broken.

I have uninstalled, removed regkeys per instruction, and deleted the meta data directory now 2 times to try a clean install w/ a NEW download and that has not worked to repair the broken transcoder link.

I have also tried running a repair to no avail.

On another note I did try messing around w/ admin rights and installing under admin. No luck.

Live TV is non functional as well. I am unable to connect to live TV. It is functional as I am able to link up w/ my wintv 8.5 app and watch there.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Best Answer

• b1nb1nb1nb1n Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

GOT IT.
    1. reinstalled per instructions. failed
    2. went back to the app and stated both that and the transcoder app both run as administrators.
    3. noticed after i reinstalled that i was unable to direct plex into a network mapped drive. i plugged it in manually where it actually scanned the files, but then could not play them. Further research showed that plex had a hard time reading networked drives mapped w/ a drive letter, so you have to do the actual NAME of the drive to have it all work.
    4. BAM. back to happy land.

Answers

i'm surprised no one else is having this issue?

Can I get a person from plex to possibly chime in?

Accepted Answer

GOT IT.
    1. reinstalled per instructions. failed
    2. went back to the app and stated both that and the transcoder app both run as administrators.
    3. noticed after i reinstalled that i was unable to direct plex into a network mapped drive. i plugged it in manually where it actually scanned the files, but then could not play them. Further research showed that plex had a hard time reading networked drives mapped w/ a drive letter, so you have to do the actual NAME of the drive to have it all work.
    4. BAM. back to happy land.