Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't connect to my Plex server whatsoever

jmancinajmancina Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Hey everyone! I’m trying to connect to my Plex server on windows 10, however every time I hit “open Plex” chrome tells me “the page isn’t working” followed by “127.0.0.1 sent an invalid response” underneath that I get “err_invalid_http_response”

Any idea on what can be done to resolve this?

Best Answer

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 31,470 Plex Team Member
    edited March 14 Accepted Answer

@jmancina said:
    Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help resolve this. Thank you!

I suspect that this has something to do with the program transmission-daemon.exe using the same tcp port as that which Plex Media Server needs

TCP    0.0.0.0:32400          Watchtower:0           LISTENING
     [transmission-daemon.exe]

TCP    [::]:32400             Watchtower:0           LISTENING

Try with that program uninstalled

If you continue to have issues, reboot and launch Plex Media Server ensuring the program is not running or using different port and get fresh logs and netstat

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Posts: 31,470 Plex Team Member

invalid response is normally caused by having another program using the plex port 32400 for tcp

check it out by starting a command line windows with Run As Adminstrator option and then run this command

netstat -a -b > "%LocalAppData%\netstat_2018-Mar-14.txt"
    The command may take a while to complete
    Attach the text file here

Also in case there is another issue, locate the server logs
    copy out %LocalAppData%\Plex Media Server\Logs and zip the copy and attach the zip

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

• jmancinajmancina Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help resolve this. Thank you!

edited March 14 Accepted Answer

@jmancina said:

I suspect that this has something to do with the program transmission-daemon.exe using the same tcp port as that which Plex Media Server needs

TCP    0.0.0.0:32400          Watchtower:0           LISTENING

TCP    [::]:32400             Watchtower:0           LISTENING

Try with that program uninstalled

If you continue to have issues, reboot and launch Plex Media Server ensuring the program is not running or using different port and get fresh logs and netstat

• jmancinajmancina Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This has been killing me for far too long!!