If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Setting up hardware acceleration with Unraid and Plex - Nvidia Quadro P2000

naturallywicky@gmail.comnaturallywicky@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm new to plex (moving from Kodi) and I'm also new to unraid (moved from my ubuntu server) so I am looking for a little help.
server specs:
5820k @ 4ghz
PNY Quadro P2000
16gb ddr4 2400 (4x4)
gigabyte x99 phoenix
twin LSI 9207-8i SAS
bunch of drives

Within my browser I enable hardware acceleration and still see high CPU usage on my server when I have multiple streams up. Looks like having 5-6x 1080p 8Mbp/s streams is the limit. So it would seem the GPU is not being used... Is there some extra config work I need to do within the unraid plex docker to enable gpu based acceleration?

I know there is a 2-stream limit with consumer cards for GPU acceleration but from the nvidia NVENC support matrix it shows the Quadro P2000 has no such limitation. But Im not even sure how to tell if the Unraid server is using the GPU for any of this, other than the fact that the CPU usage is still pegged.

Any help would be appreciated!