Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Using server web app to control / cast RasPLEX devices??

PLEX6FCPLEX6FC Members Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all,

My server is CentOS 7, PMS Server version Version 1.11.3.4803 (due an update)

When I'm using my server's web interface locally, or visiting plex.tv, I struggle to remotely control other PLEX client devices on my LAN, this is annoying as I work form home, and am always in front of my PC.

I have three RasPLEX Raspberry Pi's in the house, and also a Samsung smart TV with the official Samsung PLEX app.

(I can successfully use my Android smartphone and tablet with official PLEX apps to fully control these devices, it works nicely.)

**The issues: **
1. I can't use my server's web interface to control the RasPLEX devices, as they don't even appear in my server's list of available devices.
2. The TV appears in the list; I can connect, and it allows me to stop current playback form my web interface, but nothing else, I can't even start anything playing.

Is there a setting in RasPLEX that stops it appearing in the server web interface?
Is there a setting in the TV app to limit control by server web app even though it appears?

When considering this, please bear in mind that the smartphone and tablet apps afford full control over all RasPLEX client devices, and the smart TV.

Many thanks indeed, Scott.

Answers

• umiq88umiq88 Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Posts: 163 Plex Pass

Are you accessing as localhost or going through Plex.tv it might make a difference not sure.

• PLEX6FCPLEX6FC Members Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

when looking for players;

• Plex.tv gives "No players found"
    • Accessing my servers web page (from another PC on my LAN by IP address) gives just the Samsung TV.

Cheers, Scott

• PLEX6FCPLEX6FC Members Posts: 84 ✭✭

I Should mention that they are all logged in under the same account, not as friends.