If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

When I add a movie to a collection it counts it as an addition movie count???

blurrr001blurrr001 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

When I add a movie to a collection it counts it as an addition movie count. So say I have 130 movies in my plex and I create a collection and add say 8 star wars movies, it now says I have 138 movies. Shouldn't it not count the same move twice, and how am I to now know how many movies i have if its skewed by this. Is there a way to correct this?

Tagged:

Answers

• hatflixhatflix Posts: 402Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having the opposite problem. When I add movies to the collection and I tell it not to show movies in a collection, my movie count goes down. So an accurate movie count is not displayed.

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 2,083Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

the numbers shown are the number of items visible in the current view -- it's not the number of movies