Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Player update issue on Mac - create symlink error file exists

Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman Posts: 3Members
edited March 19 in Plex Media Player

Plex media player update throws a 'Update Problem' when installing the update

'Unable to create symlink /Applications/Plex Media Player.app.new/Contents/Resources/qml/QtQml/Models.2/libmodelsplugin.dylib to
../../../../Plugins/quick/libmodelsplugin.dylib details: File exists'

Does anyone have any ideas?

Plex Media Player v3.21.2
Running on MacBook Pro macOS 10.13.3

Thanks

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 31,452Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

moving to the Plex Media Player forum (from server forum)

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to

• phi3nixphi3nix Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue for some time. What I move the old client to trash and download new. I also started using PLEX on Safari. The big plus is that Safari is using less CPU than native client.

• phi3nixphi3nix Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The issue still exists.

• bkjeellbkjeell Posts: 63Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem.