Sync Client for Desktop Players to sync ratings and playlists
Like many others I am a little bit annoyed about not being able to import the ratings I have assigned to my music tracks and my playlists into Plex. I want to build a simple commandline tool that interfaces with raw files / coding interfaces of popular players / directly reads the databases of these players and synchronizes them with the music library of a Plex user.
I have already started working on this in this repository, mainly relying on the on-official Python PlexAPI and the MediaMonkey COM interface on Windows. However it should be extensible to other players as well easily.
Currently I am able to interface with MediaMonkey and access track ratings and playlists. Also I can read the ratings of tracks from a PMS.
I could need a hand in this in several regards
- get support from the Plex team on how to use the API of a PMS to change ratings and create new playlists.
- how to use the API to change content of a user on a server that is not the admin / owner
- other coders who would like to join me on github
I am referencing these feature requests:
- [Feature Request] Import Music MP3 Ratings From Files ID3 tags
- Import playlists and rating from MEDIA MONKEY?
- Music Metadata Syncronisation
- [Feature request] Plexamp: Read / write star ratings to ID3v1, ID3v2 tags
- Playlist management like iTunes
And more general complaints / requests: