If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Kodi incompatible with latest Plex Server

jacobbriggsjacobbriggs Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have an issue, since updating to the latest Plex Server (1.12.4 iirc), Plex for Kodi no longer sees or can connect to my Plex Server. I already checked the insecure server, and it is working fine from browser, android and Android tv so seems to be exclusively with Plex for Kodi.

I can connect to two of my friends Plex servers, both are older versions but my other friend has the same version of Plex server as me and I can not connect to him either.

Is Plex for Kodi functioning with the latest version of Plex server?

Tagged:

Comments

• ToTofFRToTofFR Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 31

I have the same problem.
    My server is on a Windows computer.
    The version is 1.12.1.4885
    The Kodi add-on is version 0.1.3
    In Kodi, I get : No Servers Found and my server is listed right underneath with an exclamation mark.
    When I select on it, it says : Server is not accessible. Please sign into your server and check your connection.
    My server is working perfectly so what can I do ?
    Kodi is v17.6 installed on Open BlackHole on a VU+ Duo2 but I think it's irrelevant...

• Duff072Duff072 Posts: 1Members

Hi.
    I have the same problem. Nobody knows how to fix it?

• ruukruuk Posts: 39Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There was an issue where if your preferred server (i.e. last used) became unavailable, you would get the behavior you described. This should be fixed in 0.1.4 which should be showing up in the official repo soon, allowing for mirror updates.