If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to remedy "Playback failed" in Kodi 17.3 on Ubuntu 17.10?

der_doktorder_doktor Posts: 3Members Plex Pass
edited March 29 in Plex for Kodi

Server version 1.12.1.4885

Looks like an HTTP 400 error from the [link removed by admin]

No issues playing videos from web player, other than some screen tearing which is why I would like to get Kodi working properly.

Do I have to downgrade the server version? I'm not terribly happy to do that, and would rather wait for a fix and just continue to use the web player for now.

Thanks for any assistance!

Best Answer

• HTPC-14HTPC-14 Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

In the server settings, try setting your upload bandwidth to 0 (I. E disable it) that fixed it for me

Answers

• der_doktorder_doktor Posts: 3Members Plex Pass

I discovered that if the video is transcoded there is no problem streaming in Kodi, but when it is the original bitrate it fails to begin the stream, providing the HTTP 400 error in the logs.

• HTPC-14HTPC-14 Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

In the server settings, try setting your upload bandwidth to 0 (I. E disable it) that fixed it for me

• der_doktorder_doktor Posts: 3Members Plex Pass

Thanks HTPC-14! That did the trick!