If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Won't work over WiFi

MitusEyeMitusEye Posts: 11Members ✭✭

Nothing will play on IOS app while connected to WiFi but it works great when I disconnect and use cell data. Streaming works great on my fire TV over the wifi, so I cannot figure out what's wrong.

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 1,697Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

mind sharing some more details...
    e.g. what have you configured in the iOS app when it comes to playback quality?
    same configuration for home network / (remote) internet / cellular?

• MitusEyeMitusEye Posts: 11Members ✭✭

@tom80H said:
    mind sharing some more details...
    e.g. what have you configured in the iOS app when it comes to playback quality?
    same configuration for home network / (remote) internet / cellular?

Cellular Data is set to 320p .7Mbps and Internet Streaming is set to 720p 2Mbps. I just changed it so they would be the same and I'm still not able to stream over Wifi

I'll list the other settings in case they're useful.
    allow direct play: checked
    Prefer Synced Content: checked
    No manual server connections set

I've got this log from my phone too. I would love for this to work but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Help? Anyone?

• SE56SE56 Posts: 2,164Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Try creating a new lease for your ios device, network settings

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV WebOS 1.4, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

Created a new lease with no effect. IP address also didn't change. Not sure if that's supposed to happen or not. I forget the network and reconnected and that also didn't have an effect.

Finally got a bit to play. I pressed pause then play and I was able to play a little bit, and I finally got the message that my internet speed isn't fast enough to play. So I changed the quality to be auto. It has to reduce the quality by A LOT in order to play anything. Still struggling but I feel like I'm getting somewhere

I put all of y iPhone settings on the lowest quality possible. It still takes forever to load and I still get the message that I don't have the server speed to playback videos. I did a speed test on my iPhone and I am getting 17.6Mbps.

Tested playback on my fireTV once again and it's able to playback original quality seamlessly.

• SE56SE56 Posts: 2,164Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Trying adding your server LAN IP address to your PLEX ios network setting

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV WebOS 1.4, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. I'm so bewildered by all of this.

So this is still a big problem I just now uninstalled all of my plex servers and devices to see if a refresh would help anything, and it didn't Plex still works on FireTV but not my IOS devices. (iphone 6 and iPad mini)

• systemsharksystemshark Posts: 215Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

Can you send the log from the IPhone itself. Click on 3 Bar Menu (top Right), Settings, Help and Support, Debugging, Share Debugging Data. It should create a email with log files. Send them to yourself and post them here, that will show whats happening on the device.

Here Is a google drive link.

I am just chiming in once again to say I have been googling and testing like crazy and still have yet to come up with a solution. Is this how support works? This is crazy that I literally cannot use the IOS app at all and I cannot seem to get any help.