If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Synced libraries and content no longer showing up

RobGodfreyRobGodfrey Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My wife’s tablet is set to sync a few different TV shows with her Android tablet. It was working well and synchronisation status shows ‘Sync complete’ and 6 different shows, each with multiple episodes are synchronised. I can re-sync and there are no errors.

Today no content is visible on the tablet. Selecting the local device doesn’t show any libraries, just the standard stuff (Home, Open Video File, Camera Roll etc).

If I switch to view the TV library on the PMS and apply a filter ‘Synced only’ there are no items to display.

Removing some content and re-synchronising it makes no difference.

Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks

Robin

Answers

• defiance360defiance360 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having exact same problem. Have had to delete all sync'd content and try again, but that didn't work either - so now I have an app that is essentially useless. :(

This is not the first time this has happened, although deleting and re-adding has worked in the past - perhaps I'll just stop updating the app (once its working again). Every new release seems to get more annoying with added features I don't want or need - it would be great if I could turn features on and off (such as camera roll, open video, news, etc).

• defiance360defiance360 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Completely removing the app from the device, re-installing and re-sync'ing seems to have worked, although only on the second time I tried. First time I had the same issue (content sync'd but not displaying).

• ThomasCSRThomasCSR Posts: 244Members ✭✭

I have the same problem

• TimWhitingTimWhiting Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This seems to be a recurring theme in the latest app update.

• bciprianobcipriano Posts: 4Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1, same problem.

• lukeablukeab Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 same here

• RKLimesRKLimes Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 5

+1, sync is ****.
    Working poorly is best case, but I guess right now even that is asking too much.

For the record I've cleared the cache, cleared data, uninstalled and reinstalled, each to no avail.

• Gopn1kGopn1k Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 here.

Another paid feature bites the dust

• customswolfcustomswolf Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here. Sync completely broken and the app crashes regularly on Android 8.0

Is anyone from Plex going to comment?

• mook-mook- Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The updates and bugs with them has rendered the app useless!!!! Can't sync on Android. Updating library on Server also does not work. I paid $120 for this?

• selectstriker2selectstriker2 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 Same issue here on Nexus 6

Has anyone found a solution to this - and or has anyone from PLEX verified. This is a major issue.

• KnightOrcKnightOrc Posts: 242Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mook- said:
    Has anyone found a solution to this - and or has anyone from PLEX verified. This is a major issue.

Yes, uninstall the latest version and install 6.12 instead, sync works and no ExoPlayer v2.

@KnightOrc said:

@mook- said:

Yes, uninstall the latest version and install 6.12 instead, sync works and no ExoPlayer v2.

@KnightOrc thanks, but it'll still download sync two albums and then get stuck at 3% converting subsequent syncs. Set to external sd with 60GB free and allocated. It worked flawlessly before.

• AlexNathan345AlexNathan345 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, updated whilst being on holiday and completely unable to listen to any music on the flight back. Not impressed at all, really hope the next update will come soon and fix this issue. It's now been broken for two weeks and I paid good money for a lifetime PlexPass to support development - not happy!

Using Tapatalk
  • AdraribachAdraribach Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same Problem.
    It's time to at least give a comment from PLEX!

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,161Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We are investigating. We think there is an issue when updating the app to the latest one. If you uninstall and install a fresh copy, but you will lose the previously synced files and have to start over, but sync should be working. We are working on a fix.

• RobGodfreyRobGodfrey Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi @MovieFan.Plex thanks for the reply. Its reassuring to know this is on Plex's radar - I was beginning to lose faith. Sorry :-)
    I've uninstalled and re-installed many times including a few mins ago, to make sure the latest version hasn't cured this, it hasn't helped. Please let me know if logs or any other diags can help you resolve this.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,161Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Yes, please provide logs. Open the app, hit refresh from the sync menu, get logs.

• RobGodfreyRobGodfrey Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    Sorry, tried 'Share Debugging data' option and it doesn't do anything at all. I'm signed-in with a plex a/c but the button just flashes to show I've touched it, then nothing.
    If there's any other way of extracting and providing useful data I'll give it a whirl?